What is the difference between goals and objectives?
How will you measure both process and outcomes indicators?
Will you be seeking matching funds?
What is your long-term sustainability plan?
You can't get a grant without the correct answers to these questions.
Crafting a successful grant proposal is no easy task. It requires a very defined writing style, a working knowledge of industry-specific language, and a tremendous attention to detail. Many nonprofits simply don't have the capacity to keep a professional grant writer on staff, and therefore are missing out on an entire revenue stream.
I can help you stop missing out on grant funding.
What to Expect When Working with Me:
- Extensive Experience: I've worked on both the grant-seeking and grant-giving side of the equation, so I have an insider's view of which proposals get funded and why. I have experience with grants ranging from $1,000 to $1 million, from both public and private funders, for all types of programs and services.
- Clarity and Focus: The number one problem with most grant proposals? Despite page after page of beautiful, flowery text, they fail to answer the basic questions the funder asked. I clearly and concisely articulate the project's mission, need, goals & objectives, and impact, so that grant reviewers are left with all the answers instead of more questions.
- Meticulous Attention to Detail: Requests for grant proposals can be upwards of 30 pages, filled with deadlines, requirements, and specifications. Miss just one instruction and your application might be tossed in the trash. I ensure yours is spared that unfortunate fate.
- The Human Element: It's important to remember that people don't give money to grant proposals; people give money to people. Winning grant applications seamlessly integrate facts and statistics with compelling stories. My grant writing presents thorough research and humanizes the material, making your nonprofit stand out from the crowd.
- Personalized Support: I can help you write a grant proposal from scratch, or I can assist with one or two particular elements. Do you need help researching funders and grant opportunities? Developing a proposal? Writing the budget narrative? Maybe you have a proposal written but could use an outside professional's pair of eyes before you submit. Maybe you need individualized training for your fundraising staff so they can draft applications more effectively. Whatever your grant-related needs, I can help!
Successful Grant Proposals (select list)
- American Association of University Women
- Bank of America Foundation
- Bob Hoffman Foundation
- Donley Foundation
- Family League of Baltimore
- Foundation for Enhancing Communities
- Helen Pumphrey Denit Charitable Trust
- Macy's Foundation
- TJX Foundation
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Pennsylvania Commission on Crime & Delinquency
- Pennsylvania Council on the Arts
- Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board
- Rotary Club of York
- Stabler Foundation
- U.S. Department of Justice
- United Way of York County
- Walmart Foundation
- Wright Family Foundation
- York County Bar Foundation
- York County Community Foundation
Katie Markey McLaughlin, M.S.